Gridiron Banquet
Well last night I had the pleasure of going to the Nassau Coaches Gridiron Banquet at the Crest Hollow Country club and I must say that the food was excellent. I have always wanted to know how the food was at the Gridiron Banquet. The reason for my keen interest is because this wasn't my first time at the Banquet. I have actually been at the banquet two other times, both when I was coaching at Hofstra University.
I was a poor grad assistant coach making no money, receiving no credits and working around the clock and I loving every minute of it. For two years I was set to the Crest Hollow Country Club to hand out programs and getting students to fill out questionnaires. All the while I could smell the food and I all I could think was how hungry I am. So this year I promised myself to enjoy all of the food offered and I did just that. From the fruit, to the salad, to the chicken , and finally the ice cream. I must say the it was well worth the wait.
As for the banquet itself it was very well run, each presenter did a excellent job. The only presenter I didn't like was Mike Quick, he kind of rained on Chris Edmonds parade when he said, "Chris Bright if I had a vote I would've have voted for you.". I also think Chris Bright is an excellent player and he will go on to a successful college career, but you can't say what Mike Quick said right after Chris Edmonds had just won the award.
I liked the video highlight, although it might have been a little bit to long. As for the winners of the awards I think for the most part they got them right. I'll talk about that tomorrow. For a full list of winners go tour web site www.LIBLITZ.com.
I was a poor grad assistant coach making no money, receiving no credits and working around the clock and I loving every minute of it. For two years I was set to the Crest Hollow Country Club to hand out programs and getting students to fill out questionnaires. All the while I could smell the food and I all I could think was how hungry I am. So this year I promised myself to enjoy all of the food offered and I did just that. From the fruit, to the salad, to the chicken , and finally the ice cream. I must say the it was well worth the wait.
As for the banquet itself it was very well run, each presenter did a excellent job. The only presenter I didn't like was Mike Quick, he kind of rained on Chris Edmonds parade when he said, "Chris Bright if I had a vote I would've have voted for you.". I also think Chris Bright is an excellent player and he will go on to a successful college career, but you can't say what Mike Quick said right after Chris Edmonds had just won the award.
I liked the video highlight, although it might have been a little bit to long. As for the winners of the awards I think for the most part they got them right. I'll talk about that tomorrow. For a full list of winners go tour web site www.LIBLITZ.com.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home